The ShineMate T40 Medium-Cut Pad is a type of polishing pad used in automotive detailing and paint correction. It's designed to be used with machine polishers to remove moderate to heavy paint defects such as swirl marks, scratches, and oxidation from the surface of a vehicle's paint.Here's a breakdown of the terms you mentioned:
1. **ShineMate**: ShineMate is a brand that produces various detailing products, including polishing pads, machine polishers, and related accessories.
2. **T40**: T40 likely refers to the specific model or type of the polishing pad within the ShineMate lineup. Different models or variations might have different levels of aggressiveness or materials to suit different paint correction needs.
3. **Medium-Cut Pad**: This indicates that the polishing pad has a medium level of abrasiveness. It's designed for correcting paint imperfections that require a bit more aggression than a light-cut pad but not as much as a heavy-cut pad.
4. **Flat Orange**: "Flat" could refer to the shape of the pad, indicating that it's a flat pad as opposed to a curved or contoured pad. "Orange" indicates the color of the pad, which is a common way to categorize the aggressiveness of polishing pads. Orange pads are often used for medium-cutting purposes.
5. **7"**: This indicates the diameter of the pad, which is 7 inches. The pad's size is important as it determines the coverage area and can affect the efficiency of the polishing process.
In summary, the ShineMate T40 Medium-Cut Pad in Flat Orange, 7" is a 7-inch diameter polishing pad designed for medium-cut paint correction tasks, typically used with machine polishers to remove moderate to heavy paint defects. The "Flat Orange" and "T40" terminology likely refers to its design and specific features within the ShineMate product range. Keep in mind that specific product details might evolve over time, so it's a good idea to refer to the manufacturer's official resources for the most up-to-date information.